Mercy of God Through Repentance
(7 DAYS FASTING AND PRAYERS COMMENCES ON JULY 24TH, MONDAY, 30TH, SUNDAY 2017)
TIME OF FASTING
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe now
Monday 12am -7pm
Tuesday 12am -3pm
Wednesday 6am – 6pm
Thursdays 12am -6pm
Friday 12am – 7pm
Saturday 12am – 7pm
Sunday 12am – 2pm
Read more about 7 days fasting and prayers
You can bookmark our previous 21 days midnight prayers.
The mercy of God through repentance is the basic requirement for breakthrough. To obtain the mercy of God is to repent from all your sins. Everyone has the mercy of God in one proportion or the other (Lamentations 3:22).
To live is by the mercy of God. To eat is by the mercy of God. To marry is by the mercy of God. In that present situation that you are today, it is by God’s mercy.
Repentance means to turn away from sin, which is defined in 1 John 3:4. Mercy of God is the effect of God’s goodness and love towards us (Psalms 51:1).
Mercy of God begins with a change of mind from sin. In Exodus 33:19, the Bible says, ”And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.”
Once there is genuine repentance from sin, the mercy of God will come naturally to take care of our pressing needs. Nothing can work except there is genuine repentance from sins. What makes God to stop fulfilling the expectations of many people is because of to keep their sins (Proverbs 28:13).
What the mercy of God can do?
- The mercy of God can heal
- The mercy of God can open heaven
- The mercy of God can protect
- The mercy of God is truth Psalm 85:10
- The mercy of God can recover all your years of labour
- The mercy of God is unconditional
- The mercy of God makes one happy
If there are no genuine repentance and the high taste for the kingdom of God (Matthew 6:33), the following things will happen.
- Untimely death
- Sickness and disease
- Financial limitation
- Answer prayers are hindered
- No progress
- Embargo are strengthening
- Church bench-warmer
- Stagnation and disappointments
- Escaping church service or programmes
Without repentance, there is no merit for God’s mercy. God cannot work in a person that takes sin as his or her lifestyle. You can be a prayer warrior. You can be reading your Bible. You can be working for God. But once the mercy of God is not in you, the result is always obstacle and shame.
The importance of God’s mercy is to make us victorious Christians. A person who claims to have the mercy but finds it difficult to repent from sin or probably he or she repents, but such person still went back to his old life, he cannot receive the mercy of God. It is wrong to use financial breakthrough as a yardstick for God’s mercy.
For example, you cannot break homes and say the mercy of God is with you. You cannot steal or deceive people and say the mercy of God is around you. You cannot abort pregnancy and say God’s mercy is radiating your life.
The Bible says, He release mercy and withhold it. So what makes God to withhold his mercy, it is sin.
When you are yet to repent from your sins, you cannot call yourself a true worshiper of God and the Almighty God cannot hear you. When there is no genuine repentance, the mercy of God would vanish from you. Your way of life determines if the mercy of God will come or not.
John the Baptist declares, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” (Matthew 3:2). Jesus, too, called for repentance: “From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, ‘Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand’” (Matthew 4:17). The apostle Paul went to the Jews and Greeks alike “preaching the kingdom of God,” a message of “repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ” (Acts 20:21, 25).
These days, some believers mock God with their sinful lifestyle. They promised God that they will maintain their repentance and disregard sin, but only to see them committing that same areas of sins. If you have problem to stay away from your sins, you will have serious problem with God.
To obtain God’s mercy through repentance, you must follow the following principles.
- You must have strong desire to serve God
- You must repent and forsake all your sins
- You must obey God and others
- You must be humbled
- You must fear God
- You must be conscious of holiness and heaven
- You must invite people to the kingdom of God.
STEPS TO PRAYERS
- Praise and worship God
- Acknowledge that you are a sinner (Rom 3:23, Rom 6:23)
SECTION A: PRAYERS IN THE WORD
Section A prayers are for Morning and Afternoon session
TURN THE BIBLE VERSES INTO PRAYERS
For example: 1 John 1:9 , ”If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
Say, I confess my sins to You. You are a Faithful God, forgive me of all my sins and cleanse me from all my sins, in the name of Jesus.
- Numbers 14:18, ” The Lord is longsuffering, and of great mercy, forgiving iniquity and transgression, and by no means clearing the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation.”
- Deuteronomy 5:10, ”And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments.”
- Deuteronomy 7:9, ”Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations;”
- 2 Samuel 22:21, ”The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.”
- 2 Chronicles 5:13, ”It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the Lord, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the Lord;”
- Nehemiah 9:31, ”Nevertheless for thy great mercies’ sake thou didst not utterly consume them, nor forsake them; for thou art a gracious and merciful God.”
- Psalm 31:16, ”Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies’ sake.”
- Psalm 40:11, ”Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Lord: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.”
- Psalm 51:1, ” Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.”
- Psalm 52:8, ”But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.”
- Psalm 100:5, ”For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”
- Psalm 123:3, ”Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt.”
- Psalm 145:8, ”The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.”
- Isaiah 49:13, ”Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.”
- Isaiah 55:7, ” Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.”
- Psalm 86:13, ”For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.”
- Jeremiah 30:18, ”Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will bring again the captivity of Jacob’s tents, and have mercy on his dwellingplaces; and the city shall be builded upon her own heap, and the palace shall remain after the manner thereof.”
- Jeremiah 31:20, ” Is Ephraim my dear son? is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the Lord.”
- Lamentations 3:22, ”It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.”
- Daniel 4:27, ”Wherefore, O king, let my counsel be acceptable unto thee, and break off thy sins by righteousness, and thine iniquities by shewing mercy to the poor; if it may be a lengthening of thy tranquillity.”
- Habakkuk 3:2, ”O Lord, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: O Lord, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy.”
- Mark 10:48, ”And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou son of David, have mercy on me.”
- Romans 9:15, ”For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”
- Colossians 3:12, ”Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;”
- Pray for Evangelist Joshua, ministry and partners worldwide
SECTION B PRAYER POINTS
Section B prayers are for Midnight session (12am – 2am)
- Jesus Christ, save me by the blood of the redemption, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I surrender all my sins to You, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I repent from all the sins that I have committed in the past, in the name of Jesus
- Father, I repent from the sin of lying, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I repent from the sin of anger, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I repent from the sin of immorality and bad habits, in the name of Jesus
- Power of God destroy the works of sin in my life, in Jesus name
- O God show me the way of salvation, in the name of Jesus
- Blood of Jesus shed on the cross of Calvary, wash my iniquities and make me holy, in the name of Jesus.
- Total freedom through the cross of Calvary fall upon my life, in the name of Jesus
- Father, let your mercy speaks forgiveness into my life, in the name of Jesus
- I am redeemed by the blood of Jesus (Eph 1:7)
- Father, do not use my past sins to serve me punishment. I am now ready to do a full repentance of all my sins today, in the name of Jesus.
- I drink the blood of Jesus (Declare it 21 times)
- Blood of Jesus set me free completely today, in the name of Jesus
- Father, I confess all my sins to you. I confess the sin of my past and rebuke the sin I know nothing about, in the name of Jesus.
- O God give me the power to resist sin and its effects in my life , in the name of Jesus
- Every sin of Saul in my life, die, in the name of Jesus
- Every sin of Delilah in my life, be wasted by fire, in the name of Jesus
- I refuse to be a candidate of hell fire, in the name of Jesus
- Father, I am determined to put on a new identity. Grant me the grace to flee from sins, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, Let me possess the fruit of the spirit henceforth, in my home etc, in the name of Jesus
- My Father, if my name is in the book of hell fire, wipe it away, in the name of Jesus. I am determined to seek after your work as from today, in the name of Jesus.
- I break the curse to sin more after prayers, in the name of Jesus.
- Pray for Evangelist Joshua, ministry and partners across the world.
For those who cannot take part in the ongoing fasting and prayers due to one challenge or the other, we have been directed by the Holy Spirit to keep feeding your soul with the word of God daily.
MONDAY – Romans 10:9
NIGHT – Genesis 4:7
You can send your prayer requests to us: email@example.com.
OUR BIG PROJECT
Support our online ministry project through your financial giving
You can sow your seed of MERCY AND FORGIVENESS into this ministry.
First Bank, 3032749606,
For more information about next biggest online ministry project, call our prayer line or by our official email: firstname.lastname@example.org