What To Avoid During Fasting And Prayers
Daniel 10:3, ”I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.”
Fasting is a way of spiritual exercise. Avoiding certain things during fasting and prayer opens the way for your blessings. No matter how committed is your fasting and prayers, if you fail to avoid these things, it would jeopardize your fasting and makes it a dust before the Almighty God. The reason why people keep fasting, fasting and fasting without no result, it’s because they refuse to avoid these things during and fasting and prayers. Such thing is sin. Sin has the power to make your fasting of no effect. When practiced, the Bible says, He will separate Himself from you. This is the reason you must avoid sin with perfect hatred during fasting programme.
Many people have the good desire to fast. These set of people can do lots of fasting and prayers. It’s very unfortunate that most of them are diluting fasting and prayers with sin. There is no way God can answer someone that takes sin as part of his or her lifestyle. If you are not so bother about the sin, then it means you are just playing around with your fasting and prayers. Sin has dangerous effects. so you have to flee from it before it harm your prayers and fasting programme.
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe now
Proverbs 28:13, ”He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”
The Bible makes us to understand in James 4:7, ”Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”
Brethren, resist sin before or during the fasting and prayers so that you can obtain real mercy from God. It is clear that God cannot answer the prayers of someone who practices sin deliberately. Many Christian are fake who profess to be believers and many believers are deceivers who profess to be nice. They disturb God and themselves with fasting when they are yet to break the attitude or culture of sin in them. Many Christians are not even obeying what God ask them to do. For example, God may decide to tell them to try as much as possible to avoid sin completely so that He can perform great things in their life. But because of the love of sin, they embrace it.
Numbers 22:34, ”And Balaam said unto the angel of the Lord, I have sinned; for I knew not that thou stoodest in the way against me: now therefore, if it displease thee, I will get me back again.”
The truth is, if you are yet to surrender those things we are about to share here shortly, forget the expectation of answers prayers from God. Because it will be another waste of time. But if you can avoid them from you, I can assure you that My Father which is in heaven would have mercy on you.
THINGS TO AVOID BEFORE OR DURING FASTING AND PRAYERS
Taken from the book of Galatians 5:19-21. The sin bears the followings:
- Fornication (1 Cor 6:18-20)
- Indecent dressing and lifestyle
- Drinking alcohol and smoking
- Hypocrite (Matthew 6:16)
- Wickedness (Hosea 9:15)
- Envy and strife (James 3:16)
- Judging others (Matthew 6:1)
- Visiting false prophets
- Doubt and unbelief
- Hatred and variance
- Adultery (Matthew 5:28)
- Sedictions and heresis
- Envying and murderer
- Disobedience (Gen 2:16-17)
- Stealing and lying (John 8:44)
- Jealousy and pride (Proverbs 11:2, James 4:6)
- Selfish ambitions
- Greediness and self-centredness
- Curses (Galatians 3:10-14)
- Anger and pride (1 Peter 5:5-6, Eph 4:31-32)
- Evil Imagination
- Prayerlessness (2 Thess 5:17)
- Weak Bible study life (2 Tim 2:15)
It is very easy to avoid these sins in your life. It is a way of dealing with your flesh completely and allow the fruit of the Holy Spirit to take over your life.
There is another grace in Romans 3:23 says, For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. The lesson of today is to avoid the attitude of sin when fasting and prayers. Fasting is one of the best ways of drawing the attention of God when done in a clean lifestyle. The Bible says, without holiness, no man shall see the Lord. Which means you cannot approach God with a garment of sin. Surrender your sins today. You know them from A – Z. Do not cover anything from the eyes of God (Daniel 2:23). What you think you are hidden, it is a wide open before God, so what’s the point of hiding your sin from God and mostly His servants? Let your repentance be today. Do not prospone your day of salvation. If Jesus Christ meets and caught you with some of the above sins , do you think you are worthy of heaven? Think about it for some times and let your fasting be acceptable before God. You are not doing fasting to impress anybody, neither to impress your pastors, but you are doing it to challenge God in your life so that He can fulfilled whatever He has promised you in Jeremiah 29:11
- O Lord, come into my life and take down every sin, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, I repent from my secret sins and confess them to you, in the name of Jesus
- Every seed of sin in me that has become an idol, I take you out by the blood of Jesus.
- O God, reveal unto me those things in me that would give my enemies an advantage to harm me, in the name of Jesus.
- O God, empower me to run away from every inherited sin of my father’s house, in the name of Jesus.
- You sin in my life take the exit door and go away from me, in the name of Jesus.
- Polluted sin of my father’s house robbing me of my blessings, be flushed out by the blood of Jesus.
- By the power of God, I shall not fast and pray in vain, in the name of Jesus
- You sin, I hate you in my life, pack your loads and go, I don’t need you no more, in the name of Jesus.
- I shake out every particle of unrighteousness in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- Every plant that my Father has not planted in my life should be uprooted out, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall not deceive myself and God during this fasting exercise, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy SPIRIT, Revive me by fire, in the name of Jesus
- Strong desire to flee from sins, fall upon me, in the name of Jesus.
- I shall rule over sins today and its host in my life, in the name of Jesus.
- I claim righteousness over every power of sin, in the name of Jesus (Matt 6:33)
- By the power of the Holy Ghost, I shall remain a vessel of honour unto my Lord, in Jesus name
- O Lord, cleanse me of all my impurities during the fasting, in Jesus name
- Anointing of holiness within and without, fall upon me, in Jesus name
- O Lord, wash me thoroughly by the blood of redemption, in Jesus name
- O God arise and clean my heart with the fire of the Holy Ghost, in Jesus name
- Any sin that wants to take me to the gate of hell, die, in Jesus name
- Every stubborn sin that has refused to let me receive my salvation because of my stubborness, out by fire, in Jesus name
- Blood of Jesus, let my fasting be acceptable unto you in Jesus name