PRAYERS TO OVERCOME THE SPIRIT OF ANGER
BASIC SCRIPTURES: James 1:19, Psalm 30:5
The rage of anger has been tearing homes apart like a wooden lion. This act is very common to see in most people whenever they are engaging in talks with each other . Anger is an act done out of provocation. God uses the story of Moses’ anger to teach us lesson. The anger of Moses was used to break the bondage of 430 years from a nation. And as such, he could not enter the Promised Land.
Ephesians 4:26-27, ”Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: Neither give place to the devil.”
There are holy anger. There are anger occasioned by the devil. Holy anger is achieved when it is used to solve spiritual matters and problems.
This kind of anger cannot be motivated by sin. We find out that there was an anger of God in destroying the Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 19;1-29). – That’s holy anger. It was destroyed because of their sins and demonic way of life.
Anger can be described as a sin to God when it is committed for the purpose of pride, impatient, strife. Bible explain to us the story of Jezebel and Delilah.
These set of people has a destructive anger that is done for the purpose of oppression, humiliation, destruction.
Anger can best be demonstrated in words or actions. It is a nasty attitude that most people exhibited and are battling with in their various circle of life.
Some have problem in public speaking. Some don’t just know how to express good words to people in a calm way. When you just flee up in a small matter, you have the spirit of anger.
When you don’t want people to advise you on your mistakes, then you have the spirit of anger. When you choose cheap words to penetrate into people angrily, you are inviting the fruits of anger and bitterness.
The fruits anger possesses are, envy, . When the spirit of anger get hold of person, it can make you to curse people who are important in your life. It is very serious.
The ability to raise up your voice at others without self-control, it is the spirit of anger and resentment. If anger is part of your weakness, its better you cry out to God before it destroy your life.
The funny thing about this spirit, you will not know the kinds of destruction or words you have uttered out during the process, until when your head is cool.
1 John 4:1, “Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God . . .”
WHAT BAD ANGER CAN DO?
- It can destroy your marriage
- It can make your boss to issue you a sack letter
- It can make people to flee from you
- It sends a signal to your man or woman that you are not a responsible person
- It results to serious fighting and quarreling between a man and a woman
- It blocks God’s blessings when the anger is done in a bad way
- It chases away your customer because of bad customer relations
- It leads to abusive and insulting each other
- It can force you to do a very deadly thing when the spirit has really get over your head.
- It can force a woman to do evil against her husband/man
- It can force you to divorce your partner
- It can makes someone to lay a deliberate curse upon his or her partner
Anger is like a pregnancy that you cannot hide. For example, when a woman refuses to deal with the spirit of anger, it will follow her throughout the journey of her marriage.
When a husband and wife has same spirit of anger, you should have a clue whats the next thing that will happen to such marriage. It is destruction.
Bad anger is a spirit of witchcraft attitude if not handled now, the consequences will be much. How can a woman raise her voice at her husband?
How can a man grab his wife and start to use her as punching bag just as that picture. Some Christians are not believers until the fruits they possess is fully in checked.
It is difficult to fulfill your aim in life when your head is always hot, whether you are guity or not. An angry believers will remain in sin. Are you easily provoked? Do you take offence so easily?
If you do, ask God to help you today. Undo any wrong decision(s) taken in your angry state and keep a cool head
As a Christian, God expects us to avoid the spirit of anger so that he can work with out life. God bless.
NB: That spirit of anger can go and go forever. If you can do the followings:
- Love people
- Forgive people quickly
- Uproot the root of bitterness
- Stop focusing your mind so much on the person’s mistakes
- Take away pride and nagging spirit from you
- Be happy to associate yourself with people
- Read the word of God
- Get rid of hatred and wickedness
- Apologize on time when you are wrong
- Don’t judge people
- If you are seriously at a loggerhead with your wife, kindly stay away from her for some hours
- Kill the quest for vengeance
- O God forgive me of my sins that I have committed especially in the areas of anger, in Jesus name
- O God have mercy upon me and wash away my sins, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, if this spirit of anger is an in-born, take it away from me, in the name of Jesus.
- Whatever the spirit of anger has destroyed in my life………(mention them), O God, begin to repair it by Your mercy, in Jesus name.
- Father, this anger has caused my marriage, let Your peace settles in my mind, in the name of Jesus.
- Any kind of destructive power that is attacking my brain and mind, be destroyed in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, I am here for total reformation of my character. Break me and remould me again, in the name of Jesus.
- I fire back every arrow of anger, in the name of Jesus
- I destroy this spirit of anger by the power in the blood of Jesus
- Provocative anger, get out of my head, in the name of Jesus.
- Every power that want me to destroy my blessings by myself, die, in the name of Jesus .
- My character that has been polluted by the devil through anger spirit, I destroy your plans in my life, in Jesus name
- Lord Jesus, deliver me from the oppression of provocative anger, in Jesus name
- I release myself from every hot temper spirit, in the name of Jesus
- O Lord, create in me a clean and pure heart, in the name of Jesus
- My Father, let this spirit of anger stop and do not allow it to control me, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, those that my anger has offended in my past, forgive me, in the name of Jesus.
- Holy Spirit, arrest my spirit, in the name of Jesus
- Every demon of Delilah in me that is causing me to raise my voice at my husband, O Lord, cool my temper by the blood of Jesus.
- Anyone or organisation using my weakness against me, Father correct it by fire, in Jesus name
- O Lord, let Your holy anger cool my spirit, in the name of Jesus.
- Every spirit of pride in me, I break your backbone, in Jesus name
- I curse every spirit of anger and resentments in my life to expire, in Jesus name
- I plead the blood of Jesus over my attitude
- Lord Jesus, wash my anger with the blood of Jesus
- Evil stranger in my body, come out of my head, my mind, my face, in the name of Jesus.
- I command any demon afflicting me with this spirit to leave at once, in Jesus name
- Every inherited anger from my foundation, break by fire
- The spirit of anger hunting my marriage, be destroyed by fire, in Jesus name
- You anger, I exit you today, in Jesus name
- My marriage shall not break or suffer because of my hot temper, in the name of Jesus.
- Every mission of the enemy to make me lose my job, you are a liar, I repent from bad attitude today, in Jesus name
- I convert my bad anger into a holy anger, in the name of Jesus.
- My mouth shall not be me in trouble into trouble, in Jesus name
- Every power assigned to manipulate my mind whenever I speak, I arrest you today, in Jesus name.
- I shall not use my mouth to scatter the blessings of God for my life
- My Father, advertize me as a good person to others, in Jesus name
- Every fruit of anger causing me to smell in the nostril of my helpers, God, O Lord, I arrest my spirit, in Jesus name
- Every wicked act done deliberately against people in order to win them, i destroy the spirit in Jesus name
- Every spirit of impatient, die, in Jesus name
- Spirit of pride in my life, break by fire, in Jesus name
- I refuse to scatter my home with my hot temper and strife, in Jesus name