PRAYER POINTS FOR MERCY, FORGIVENESS AND REPENTANCE
John 3:16, ”For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
Matthew 5:1-12, ”And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.”
Kindly watch Evangelist Joshua on YoutubeSubscribe now
The mercy of God is the hallmark of blessing. Without God’s mercy, there will be prolong condemnation and punishment. To attract the presence of God, you must have the ability to love, forgive, repent from sins and have mercy on others. In Lam 3:22 says, ”It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not”. This means that we are all alive by the mercies of God.
One of the greatest shortcomings of Christian is to be disconnected from the mercy of God. The symptoms of not being under God’s mercy includes: lying, cheating, adultery, fornication, , strife, anger, envy, unforgiveness etc. To repent means to change your old ways of life (sin). Repentance means to surrender your life completely to Christ.
The Bible says, sin is an abomination unto God. For example, when you always find it hard to forgive other easily, you are likely to have problems in expecting quick answer to your prayers. Repentance is a powerful thing that opens the gates of our salvation. While forgiveness indicate a reason why God should forgive you (Matt 6:15). When a person repent from his sin according to Proverbs 28:13, he receives the mercy of God.
Rom 9:15-16,”For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.”
Mercy of God is what gives you a second chance. To operate under God’s mercy makes you to achieve your destiny and gives you the platform to bring others to Christ. Christianity without brokenness and holiness are just a disaster. Praying for mercy, forgiveness and mercy can help you but you must possess the fruit of the spirit. What is the essence of praying for God’s forgiveness and yet you are wicked?
CONFESSION: Ephesians 2:4-7 “But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.”
PRAISE & WORSHIP GOD. PRAY IN TONGUES IF YOU ARE LED. Take these prayers during the day and MIDNIGHT (12am-2am)
PRAYER POINTS FOR MERCY, FORGIVENESS AND REPENTANCE
- Psalm 51:1-2, O Lord, have mercy on me and blot out all my sins, in the name of Jesus.
- Ephesians 2:4-5, O Lord, because of Your love and compassion over me, save me by Your grace so that I will be worthy of your blessings, in the name of Jesus.
- Psalm 25:6-7/James 2:13; O God of Mercy, do not remember the iniquities of my past to judge me, remember me today and tonight, in the name of Jesus.
- Hebrew 4: 16; O God, I come before You today to obtain mercy and find grace to fulfill my purpose, in the name of Jesus.
- Matthew 6:7; O Lord, I receive Your grace to have mercy upon this person…………….(Mention name), in the name of Jesus.
- Genesis 39:21; Just as the way you were with Joseph and show him steadfast love and favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison, By Your Mercy O Lord, let the proportion of Joseph’s blessings reach me, in the name of Jesus.
- Romans 9:18; O God of Joseph, arise and show me in Your loving mercy, in the name of Jesus.
- Lam 3:17; Any evil from the mouth of men against my life, Mercy of God, cancel them, in the name of Jesus.
- 1 Cor 3:17; Anything in my life serving as a defilement of my body and spiritual life, die, in the name of Jesus.
- Romans 10:9; By Your great Hand of Mercy, raise me up from this sins (Mention them) and save me, in the name of Jesus.
- Matthew 6:33; I receive the grace to seek after Your kingdom and righteousness alone so that everything I am looking for shall be added unto me, in the name of Jesus.
- Isaiah 53:6; O Lord, If I have gone astray, If I have been disconnected from the power of Your Salvation, let your grace bring me back, in the name of Jesus.
- Matthew 24:35, For it is written that Heaven and earth shall pass away, but Your words in my heart shall not pass away, it shall stay to bring greater results for me, in the name of Jesus.
- Gal 5:19-21; Any secret sins I am harboring that is not blessing my life, I decree they shall be destroyed, in the name of Jesus.
- At the bus stop of disappointment, Mercy of God, bail me out, in the name of Jesus.
- I frustrate any power pushing me away from enjoying the great mercy of God, in the name of Jesus.
- Mercy of God, lift me up above my present situations, in the name of Jesus name.
- O God of Daniel, hear my cry of mercy, in the name of Jesus.
- Oh Son of David, let today be the beginning of my total freedom, in the name of Jesus.
- O Lord, if I am not permitted to be one of the candidates of heaven, Mercy of God, push me there, in the name of Jesus.