WHAT IS PRAYER? Prayer is a connection between a man and God. Prayer is a communication process that allow us to talk to God. Prayer stimulate God to act on our behalf. Prayer is the resource of God’s children.
Prayer is the greatest gift God has made available to man. Prayer is a medium that connect us to God. It brings God’s presence, power, resources and grace. Prayer changes things. It was Jabez prayer that turned his destiny around and rewrote his history. Prayer turned Hannah from an the stage of mockery to a celebrity. Bot Jabez and Hannah got great answers to their prayers because they obtained mercy and prayed aright. Those who are not in right standing with God and who pray amiss never get the best that heaven gives. Prayer can change lives. Prayer can bless lives. Prayer can serve as a arrow in the camp of your enemies. It is very sad that people PRAY the way they like. Many people pray any how; Some are afraid to take some warfare prayers. They feel warfare prayers are not part of their doctrines. Some do not even know how to pray whenever it demands. People who do not have a prayer LIFESTYLE often end up as preys to the enemy. Prayerless people are basically powerless people. A lot of people give different meanings to prayers. Let us examine the various aspects of prayers.
1.There are warfare prayers
2.There are gentleman/women prayers
3.There are lazy prayers
4.There are long prayers
5.There are short prayers
6.There are prayers of the spirit
7.There are prayers of the mind
8.There are prayers that don’t move over the roof of your house
9.There are prayers that penetrate heaven very fast
10.There are cold prayers
11.There are hot prayers
12. There are unserious prayers.
13. There are boyfriend/girlfriend prayers
14. There are chewing gum prayers
15. There are witchcraft prayers etc
There are some people that are depending on others for prayers. There are others that dont take prayers that lasted for 30 minutes. It is hardly you see such people praying let alone at night. They relax and believe one pastor should be praying for them daily because of their seed. They keep bribing the pastor every month for prayers. If you are such a person, you are exposing your life to trouble. God is watching you. Many who think there prayers are destroying the works of darkness in their life are not seeing results of their prayers. Worst still, they asked God many questions such as: “Where are you O God? Why are you silent over my prayers? Prayers requires warfare because the life is full of battles. Eph 6:12 says. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. When you are a prayerless Christian, you are a food to the enemy. When you are a prayerless Christian, your spiritual life becomes frozen. When you are a prayerless Christian, you will receive no attention or help from heaven. When you are a prayerless Christian, you gives room for the enemy to sow tares into your life. If you are a prayerless Christian, you become disorganise in everything you do. Jesus Christ did not ask us to pray once in a while or any how, but all the time. Prayer may look simple but it’s hardwork. Your prayers must be sharp to penetrate into the second heaven and bring answers to you. I pity those that want to wag war against the enemies, and they are not serious with their prayers. People are so funny when it comes to prayers but we must make sure we don’t pray amiss.
There are some prayer points that limit God. There are some prayers that lack faith. Let your request to God demonstrate your faith that He can do all things and that His power is absolute. Jonah stayed in the belly of the fish for three days and three nights. It was a challenging condition, yet he prayed and believe in God’s power. His cry of mercy yielded results. Whenever you have to pray, engage the help of the Holy Spirit who knows your problems and what you ought to pray. It is even dangerous to pray amiss. Many people wonder why there are so far away from God. Such people have forgotten that they are yet to pray well. Many people wondering if there is God at all that answers prayers. No wonder we have a high number of people going to native doctors to encounter the gods of the voodo powers. They should realise that something has gone wrong with their lives. It is not only prayerless people that stand the risk of demons, even those that pray amiss are involved. The children of God must cultivate the habit of persistent prayers so that they may not lose their place of blessings. The prayer of Elijah that brought about the rain was not just a five-minute prayer. He prayed and prayed again before the RAIN fell. (James 5:17-18). We must not stop asking if we have not received an answer to the petitions that we put before God. The Bible says you shall ask and when you ask, you must surely receive and your joy will be full (John 16:24). We must continue to pray until the attention of God is drawn to our petition. If God said, my son, my daughter, change the pattern of your prayers, immediately you have to obey the instruction. The world may discourage you, the circumstances around you may constitute limitation against your prayers, do not surrender. God is not deaf that He cannot hear your prayers. Daniel did not stop praying until his heaven opens (Dan 10:12-13). As a child of God, the secret is faith. When your faith is higher than the prayers it will resort to answer prayers. Because it is your stubborn faith that will force God to unlock your blessings. When the measure of your faith is lesser than your prayers, miracle may not occur. Don’t over depend yourself on a man of God. But you must learn to be your own PROPHET.
1. I receive grace to PRAY without ceasing, in the name of Jesus
2. My spiritual pipe contaminated by the enemies, receive restoration, in the name of Jesus
3. O Lord strengthens me mightily for this christian race, in the name of Jesus
4. O Lord perfect your good work in me, in the name of Jesus
5. I receive the anointing and power in the Holy Ghost, in the name of Jesus.
6. I release myself from every ancestral demonic pollution, in the name of Jesus.
7. Lord God, boost my energy to run the race set before me, in the name of Jesus
8. I shall not depend on others for prayers, in the name of Jesus.
9. Holy Ghost fire, possess me, in the name of Jesus.
10. Father, I receive the power to PRAY more in Jesus name.
11. Father, deliver me from every spiritual lukewarmness, in the name of Jesus.
12. Holy Spirit, teach me to pray target and effectual prayers that avail much, in the name of Jesus.
13. Prayerlessness will not ruin me as it did Samson, in the name of Jesus.
14. Power to serve wholeheartedly, come upon me, in the name of Jesus.
15. Father, help me so that my faith and trust in You do not fail, in the name of Jesus.
16. Mammon will not replace God in my life, in the name of Jesus.
17. I will not serve God deceitfully, in the name of Jesus.
18. My prayer altar shall not die, in the name of Jesus.
19. Whatever is in me that will make me take my God for granted, die, in Jesus name.
20. Fire of God break me and remould me in the name of Jesus.