THANKSGIVING PRAYER POINTS
O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the Lord say, that his mercy endureth for ever. I called upon the Lord in distress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in princes. All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the Lord will I destroy them.
Thanksgiving is a very important subject in the Bible. The Bible has encourages us to thank God and magnify his great works in our lives. It is important to praise and worship God in any situation we may find ourselves because thanking God brings down his glory upon us. The Scripture says in Psalm 95:2 says, “Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms”. For example, when you learn to thank God for everything, he will be moved to do much more in your life. Every man that does good to his fellow deserves to be appreciated so that such person will continue extending his heart of love towards you. Every time we pray, praise and worship, we must remember to thank him for his unfailing love, mercy, protection, provision, joy, victory, open doors.
Even when it seems nothing is working, it’s very important to praise and worship in mysterious ways. Those that takes thanksgiving as their habit will continually seeing the hand of God in their lives. In Psalms 92:1, the Bible says, It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High: The truth is, your prayer is not complete without thanksgiving. Until thanking God is your daily habit, you cannot receive daily blessings from God. From January to December, you should thank God for his mercies. You go out and come back successfully, you should appreciate your father for keeping you safe and your day peaceful. So, do not take everything for granted, as you pray everyday, learn to practice the act of thanksgiving. It will help you a lot in life and destiny.
By the grace of God, we shall be looking at Thanksgiving prayer points with Bible verses in December practical prayer assignment. These prayers will enable you to praise and worship God. If you love to show gratitude to God, it is important to thank the heavenly Father for all the marvellous things He has done for you and your family.
Thanksgiving Prayer Points
Prayers of giving thanks are indeed important as we all have reasons to be thankful. Thanksgiving, praise and prayers always go together. We cannot adequately praise and worship God without also being thankful and prayerful. Training ourselves to be thankful and prayerful does so many good things.
First, it gives us the ability to appreciative. Second, it makes God to see us as a grateful person. And also Thirdly, it gives us supernatural strength to face and overcome the challenges of life. The more you thank God, the more the joy that is released in you. Joyful thanksgiving creates an atmosphere for God’s power to fill your life. If you thank God for what He’s done for you, or what He’s about to do, your ought to prepare yourself for more from Him.
Gratitude to God makes you a candidate for more blessings from Him. Gratitude is a right attitude. Nobody wants to bless an ungrateful fellow. In the Bible, Jesus gave thanks to God before distributing the bread and fish to five thousand people who came to hear him teach (John 6:11). That’s why whatever we need to do to God, we must first the prayer of praise and worships.
Some people do not concern themselves with the habit of showing thanksgiving to God and man. They are only interested in a part of prayers. Sometimes, God might say all what you need to do for Him is to thank and appreciate for His act of blessings upon your life. If, however, you choose to pray, you may not get the benefits of thanking Him at the point in time.
Giving thanks to God gives the power to do much more for you. Are you thankful no matter what you are facing at the moment? Perhaps you have lost your job recently. Or you may have lost your marriage. Maybe you feel your prayers have lost God’s attention. Such circumstances can be tremendously difficult. But even so, we all have much to be thankful for. The psalmist declared, “Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving” (Psalm 147:7,). Paul wrote, “Be thankful” (Colossians 3:15). A spirit of thanksgiving is always a thing of a joyful Christian.
I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
BIBLE VERSES ABOUT THANKSGIVING AND PRAYER POINTS
- Psalm 116:17
I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the Lord.
- Psalm 95:1-2
O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
- Psalm 118:19
Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the Lord:
- Psalm 34:1-3
I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
- Psalm 138:1-2
I will praise thee with my whole heart: before the gods will I sing praise unto thee. I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.
- Psalm 7:17
I will praise the Lord according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high.
- 2 Corinthians 4:15
15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
- Jeremiah 30:19
And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.
- Philippians 4:6-7
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 107:8-9
Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.
- 1 Corinthians 1:4-5
I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ; That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
- 2 Corinthians 9:11-12
Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God. For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;
- 1 Chronicles 16:34
O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
- Ephesians 5:3-4
But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
- Colossians 3:15
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
THANKSGIVING PRAYER POINTS
- I will praise you because you are my redeemer and the lifter of my soul.
- I will thank you for making me to experience your blessing in another day.
- I will praise and thank because you have done wonderful things for me and my family (Isa 25:1).
- As long as I am still alive, praises will not cease in my mouth from henceforth.
- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful Psalm 139:13-14.
- I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. (Psalm 9:1).
- I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you. (Psalm 63:3-4 ).
- I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips. (Psalm 34:1)
- I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors: You have given me wisdom and power,you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king. (Daniel 2:23).
- I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws. (Psalm 119:7).
- I will praise you because your love and mercy are with me forever
- I will praise and magnify your names for the peace and happiness which you have bestowed upon me.
- I will praise the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. (Psalm 146:1-2).
- Because the Lord did not allow me to end my life in vain, I will thank Him from everlasting to everlasting.
- I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving and rejoicing (Psalm 69:30).
- O Lord, I thank You because you never allow my enemies to prevail over me.
- In every thing, I will thank you for your mercies and grace upon my life.
- I will thank you because you are the source of my strength and faith during this season of trail and temptations.
- I praise because you made a promise to me and it come to fulfillment.
- I will give you all the glory and honour, despite the battles of life, I came out stronger and better.
- Gracious Father, I return all the glory unto God for the priviledge given to me to experience your divine inheritance.
- I thank you especially for solving problems in my family and for restoring peace in every home.
- I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. (Psalm 9:1).
- To him who is able to keep me from falling and to present me before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy, I praise and magnify your names in my names (Jude 1:24).
- I will praise the name of God with a song; and magnify him with thanksgiving for rescuing me from problems (Psalm 69:30).
- I will give thanks to you, O LORD, for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, that you might comfort me (Isa 12:1)
- I will sing quality praises to the LORD, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.
- To you, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise because you have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we asked of you, for you have made known to us the king’s matter. (Daniel 2:23).
- I give you thanks, O Lord, for not allowing the enemies to see my end. Thank you Jesus.
- I give thanks to my God always because of your grace has kept me from sickness and afflictions (1 Corinthians 1:4).
THANKSGIVING PRAYER POINTS WITH BIBLE VERSES
- I glorify the name of God for answering the prayers of my heart. (Psalm 34:3).
- I give thanks to God for all those little miracles you have done in my life that I just don’t notice.
- O Lord, I thank you for your unfailing love and wonderful works in my life and marriage. (Psalm 107:8-9).
- I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD. (Psalm 104:33-34).
- I thank you for giving me power to pray and to exercise my faith in the midst of battles.
- I give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, who is and who was, for you have taken your great power and begun to reign. (Rev 11:17).
- I praise you because I know my tomorrow will be fine and better than now.
- For you are God, because I know my breakthrough has already started, in Jesus name.
- King of Kings and Lord of Lords, I adore your majesty, O Lord.
- I praise you because you have put my laughter in my mouth.
- I will give praise to my Lord for He has rescued me from the hands of my enemies. (Jer 20:13).
- I praise you for not allowing the enemies to shut down my life and destiny.
- O Lord, I worship you for taking away troubles away from my life.
- How great are thy presence in my life. For there is no one that can share your glory, for you have put my enemies to shame. (2 Sam 7:22).
- Father, I cry out unto you for my salvation, arise and save me from eternal death and condemnation.
- I will give thanks to the LORD according to His righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High … (Psalm 7:17).
- I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies … (Psalm 18:3).
- I praise you, O Lord, for You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, that my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever …(Psalm 30:11-12).
- I sing praises to you, O Lord, for the fulfillment requests made unto you.
- I will praise the name of God for not allowing me to end it in shame and disgrace.
- I give you quality thanks because you have done what no man can do.
- I sing great of your name for releasing your mercy and grace upon my life again, in Jesus name.
- Father, You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7).
- I will sing to the LORD as long as I live I will not stop praising you in any areas of my life.
- I praise you because the yoke of poverty and hardship placed upon my life have been taken away.
- God has done so much for me. So therefore, I give thanks and praise to Him alone.
- I thank you, Lord, with all my heart; I sing praise to you before the gods. because of your constant love and faithfulness, because you have shown that your name and your commands are supreme.
- I thank you for your support because the devil has lost the battles again.
- Father, I give you praise for not allowing the enemies to have the last laugh over my situation.
- I thank you, O Lord, for taking away the garment of shame and disgrace from m.e
More Resources about praise, worship and thanksgiving prayer points
Here is the post that give insight how to take worship prayers.