Praying On Our Mouth
Psalms 141:3, “Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.”
Luke 21:15, “For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.”
Do you know that our mouth is powerful? Do you also know that our mouth can create, and destroy so many things? Has it ever come across your mind that this world was created by the decree of the mouth?
The kind of fruit our mouth possess it out can either be good or bad. So many people are brought from the top to beneath as a result of their tongues.
For this purpose, the tongue and mouth are very important organs of the body. As Christians, we must control our negative words through prayers and confession. The Bible says, death and life is in the power of the tongues. By this verse, if you are not careful enough, it is either your tongue reshape your destiny or kill you untimely.
This also means that your blessings are located in the tongue. What comes out from your tongues before and after a church program determines your deliverance and breakthroughs.
The enemy has stolen many blessings through the use of people’s tongues. You can be condemned or justified by what you say. For example, the word you speak out before your wedding or during your marriage determines if your marriage will last forever.
For example, you need the mouth to utter statement. Without the tongue, there will be no sound. Anyone that speaks negative things freely without minding its effects on others, he or she belongs to witchcraft kingdom.
God expects us to use our mouth to speak truth, and love to others to the uttermost. It is so common to see people these days using the name of God in vain, to loot money, to marry, to get a secured job , and others for cover up.
We are very sure that the Almighty God is fully aware of some people bringing His holy name to disrepute because of selfish motives. That’s why some people’s prayers are not moving God anymore no matter how aggressive they put in their prayer efforts. Why?
Because the fruit of what they speak is evil. If a person is not receiving any positive signs or answers from God, check his or her mouth activities.
In Psalm 81:10 says, ”I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.”
The most important thing about our mouth is by declaring good things. That’s why you must be careful of the words you say carelessly, for your words can become tools in the hands of the devil.
Previous Prayer Assignments: check it out
- Practical Prayer Assignment For March
- Practical Prayer Assignment For April: Praying To The Moon
- Practical Prayer Assignment For May: Praying To The Wall
- Praise & Worship God.
- Surrender your life to Christ.
- Tame your tongues from speaking evil words.
- Ask for the power to repent from sins
Strong Bible Verses On Our Mouth/Tongues
- Mark 11:22-24, ”And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.”
- Genesis 1:1-3, In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.”
- Proverbs 18:21, ”Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”
- Romans 10:9-10, ”That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”
- Ecclesiastes 5:6, ”Suffer not thy mouth to cause thy flesh to sin; neither say thou before the angel, that it was an error: wherefore should God be angry at thy voice, and destroy the work of thine hands?”
- Proverbs 12:22 , Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight.
Take this declaration for God to help you control your tongues:
”Lord, I know my mouth/tongue often gets ahead of my mind and heart. I know it is sin. I am quick to speak and I repent of the many thoughtless things I have spoken out carelessly. I am sorry for words I have spoken in anger, in gossip or hatred. Please help me Lord to see when I am about to speak without thinking and to check my heart. Help me be slow to speak. Help me Lord to be a person full of loving words, full of your Spirit, overflowing with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and self control. Amen.”
Practical Prayers Assignment:
To be taking any day in the month of June
- (As I touch it), let it receive the word of God to destroy all principalities, powers, hosts of darkness and all wicked spirits, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), I command it to say glorious things, and not negative things, by the power in the blood of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), Father, remove any evil pronouncement placed upon my mouth, to say things that will put me into problems, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), you my mouth, be soaked with the pool blood of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), My mouth, you will not cooperate with my enemies against my glory, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), let the angels of God watch over all the unholy things that I have said ignorantly with my tongue, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), I reject, refuse and bind every evil voice leading my mouth to cause troubles with someone, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch my mouth/tongue now), in the name of Jesus, you my tongue receive deep deliverance from lies, gossip and backbite, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), I refuse to use my mouth to curse and insult people and God indirectly, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), Let the spirit of God begin to control my speech as from today, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch my mouth/tongue now), let every arrow of false accusation, anger, resentment, sin, lust etc fired into my tongue to backfire, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), O God arise and satisfy my mouth with Your power and authority, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), let my confession never return back to me, in Jesus name.
- (As I touch it), I command the power of God to destroy any evil powers using my mouth to cause stagnation and setbacks in my life, in Jesus name.
- (As I touch my mouth/tongue now), O Lord, release your virtues into my tongues, in Jesus name.
- (As I touch my mouth/tongue now), it shall not lead me to utter negative words that will jeopardize my marriage, relationship/contracts etc, in Jesus name.
- (As I touch it) let the glory of my mouth begin to restore back again, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch my mouth/tongue now), let all my pending prayer requests begin to answer, according to Matthew 7:7, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch my mouth/tongue now), by fire by force, let it vomit out any satanic deposits in my body, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), my mouth shall be activated for mysterious testimonies this month, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch my mouth/tongue now), You, my mouth, you shall begin to decree a thing and it shall be established immediately, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), any power that want me to be silenced when I should talk out, die by fire, and thunder, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), spirit of dumb and deafness, go back to your senders, in Jesus name.
- (As I touch my mouth/tongue now), Father, from henceforth, let no power force any evil foods into my mouth, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch my mouth/tongue now), By decree, my mouth/tongues shall be a blessing to my marriage and family, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch it), any yoke on my mouth, the yoke of lies, the yoke of deceit, the yoke of fear, the yoke of nagging, the yoke of talking aimlessly, break, in Jesus name.
- (As I touch it), let all those laughing me to scorn begin to witness my testimony, in the name of Jesus.
- (As I touch my mouth/tongue now), Father, let vain words, false words, anger words emanated from my mouth to depart completely, in Jesus name.
- (As I touch my mouth/tongue now), it will perfect the works of God in my present situation, in Jesus name.
- Thank you Jesus for answered prayers.