WHY MY MARRIAGE LIKE THIS?
Scriptures: Genesis 2:18-22,
There are many why in marriages today. The why in marriages is calling for serious spiritual attention. Some people can not even explain what connected them to marry that man or woman. The many why’s in marriages is destroying the love that established that marriage.
Marriage counselors would tell you that there are many why’s in marriage which means there are problems. There are invisible powers everywhere planting all kinds of spiritual attacks against marriages.
For instance, A marriage of 1 year and all of a sudden the man and the woman have started boxing themselves, hiding things from each other, then such marriage is under the question of WHY. Lets look at the most commonly ask question by the word Why:
Why my marriage is suffering?
Why my home is losing its original content?
Why my marriage is under spiritual attacks?
Why my marriage is a mockery?
Why my marriage is a disgrace to humanity?
Why my marriage is cursed?
Why my marriage is obsessed with darkness?
Why my marriage is dying?
Why my marriage is operating on a spell?
Why cant I find peace in my marriage?
Why must I marry the man or woman?
Why my husband or wife attitude is disgusting?
WHY MY MARRIAGE LIKE THIS?
If you look at these many why, you will discover or agree with me that there are problems in marriages.
As a believer, these problems should not discourage those that are aspiring to marry. No it shouldn’t. Yours can be better if you allow God to choose the right person for you.
After highlighting some of the why in marriage, it is important to know this: Marriage is supposed to be for a lifetime and not for a short period.
Marriage is not only to gain title “I am Mr or I am (Mrs), but to gain God’s blessings. If you go into marriage for selfish motives, you will be disgraced out by God. This is because marriage is an institution ordained by God.
I shared in my articles how to marry the right man. That if you have problems with tolerance for instance, it will be very difficult to tolerate some of the nasty behavior of your partner.
Think before you go into marriage so that your why would not be as many as others are having.
They said for better for worse which is good. These are statements made to the world and God. It is a word blinded with the man, woman and God together.
By that word, you are telling God I am ready to stay with this person come son and rain. God would say no problem.
Today, people just sign for divorce without reminding themselves of that covenant they made on their wedding day. It is very sad.
After marriage, there is no room for divorce. For example, If you wake up one morning and you discover that your husband is drinking blood as water, such a reason is not enough to dissolve that marriage.
If you wake up one morning and you discover that your wife is a witch, there is nothing you can do than to stick to her. The Bible stands firm in this case.
The only time divorce is allowed is when the woman and a man are yet to be married in wedlock. But once joined together, forget story that touches, there is no need for remedy. In the process of courtship, they could dissolve or cancel their intention of getting married.
When you propose to a lady, I believe your two eyes were wide open then, and often times, you may say God lead you to her. “She is my one and only. Good and fine.” No one is arguing about that.
God will tell you “Are you sure I’m the one leading you to her or your emotion? “ The next action is to neglect the voice of God because of the too many questions.
When you respond to a man’s proposal by saying “Yes I do”. It means that you have agreed to marry that man and his family. When a man gave you an engagement ring, it means you are on a journey in fulfilling your marital destiny with that man.
Well God always ask His own questions for every why. God would tell you are you really sure that this is the kind of man or woman you want to settle down with for the rest of your life?
You will say YES. The questions continues like this: Have you heard from me before taking that decision” No response from the woman.
Lastly, God may say, ”tell me some of the reasons you like him.” ”Hmmm! He has money and he is very nice.
Today, we complain devil pushed me to the woman, marine spirit pushed me to the man. The man is beating me. The woman is cheating on me. There is no atom of truth between them. The man construct lies professionally, the woman swallowed it emotionally.
This is the areas God begin to laugh. God laugh to the extent of allowing your foolishness to land you in regret. How can you sign a life contract of marriage with someone that you love, someone that no one force you to marry only within a short time, you are thinking of divorce.
The devil loves that kind of marriage very well and that is why he is daily firing all kinds of spiritual arrows into some Christian marriages worldwide because of ignorance, What happens thereafter? Trouble begins to tear the marriage apart.
The woman will begin to pack her loads and go back to the village and while the man will be busy looking for another bed warmer!
The fact remains that, there is no way you can find things easy when your partner is not your original rib. There is no way things can move on positively when a wife is not from the rib of her husband.
And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brough her into the man (Gen 2:22)
Many are concentrating in the areas of physical possessions not even spiritual possessions any more.
“He is a cut guy. He is tall. He got the dollars and cars to rule my world. This is kind of guy God wants me to marry. I can never settle down with a poor man without a car. Here goes a believer (man), she is an angel. She got the books and height.” She is this and that.
I am not judging you here and I can never disturb you in your own decision. It is important you ask yourself this questions: But what’s the place of their spiritual life.
Is he or she born again? Does he or she have any spiritual gifts? Does she fear God more than her husband? What’s the place of her prayer life and bible study?
The only person that can decide the direction to go, it’s yourself. If you go the wrong road, you will achieve the negative result. But if you follow the right road, you will achieve good result.
Brethren, you have the opportunity to decide now who to marry. Pray about it. Do not allow people to convince you. Hear from God first before taking the matter to others.
TAKE THESE PRAYERS
- O curse of singlehood standing against my marital quest, you shall no more stand; break and receive destruction, in Jesus name
- Arrow of marital problems fired into the heart of my husband or wife, go back to the sender, in Jesus name
- I decree that our marital problems shall not affect our foundation, in Jesus name
- I pray that my marriage shall be stress free, in the name of Jesus.
- My Father, let every weapon of the enemy against my marriage to return to sender in Jesus name
- My husband or wife shall be not a bone to my neck, in the name of Jesus.
- O God arise and intervene speedily on my marriage, in Jesus name
- O Lord, I bring my marriage/relationship under your supervision today, in Jesus name
- Father, I confess and repent from every secret sin hidden from my husband and wife, in Jesus name
- Lord, restore our love as a refreshing dew, in Jesus name
- I stand against every expectation of divorce in the mind of my husband, in Jesus name
- My Father, deliver my spouse, husband/wife from the spirit of anger and unforgiveness, in Jesus name
- O God remove the spirit of witchcraft and negative addictions from my partner, in Jesus name
- Lord, help my spouse to be faithful in our marriage/relationship, in Jesus’ name.
- My marriage shall not be used as a theatre for fight, in Jesus name
- I loose my marriage/relationship from every form of satanic manipulation in Jesus name
- I thank You God because You alone are the perfect matchmaker
- Lord, release to me the man/woman you have pre-ordained as my spouse in Jesus’ name.
- Lord, cause it to happen that the divine match will come forth soon in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, send forth your warring angels to battle and release my spouse wherever s/he is held captive in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, I believe You have created me for a special person; bring it to pass in the name of Jesus.
- I reject the provision of counterfeit spouse for me by the enemy in the name of Jesus.
- Lord, establish our home according to the scriptures in Jesus name (read Ephesians 5:20-28).
- Father, let all satanic barriers keeping us from meeting be dissolved in Jesus’ name
- Thank for your divine visitation in my marriage