Genesis 41:15-16, ”And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, I have dreamed a dream, and there is none that can interpret it: and I have heard say of thee, that thou canst understand a dream to interpret it. And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace.”
Genesis 41:38-40, ”And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is? And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art: Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.”
Joseph has a special gift, the ability of interpreting dreams. Pharaoh was looking more confused when he did not see anyone ordained by God to interpret his troubled dreams. Perhaps, he never have any understanding about his dreams, whether good or bad. Pharaoh asked everyone but God helped him interpret the dreams. Sadly, no one could help him out, until Joseph came as an agent for God and was able to interpret Pharaoh’s dreams.
No wonder the Bible says, In Genesis 41:8 says, ”And it came to pass in the morning that his spirit was troubled; and he sent and called for all the magicians of Egypt, and all the wise men thereof: and Pharaoh told them his dream; but there was none that could interpret them unto Pharaoh.” To understand your dreams is very important. When you understand our dream, it gives us direction and sense of purpose.
God uses dreams as a way of warning and saving His people from danger, as a means of revealing to His people the enemy that they are facing. The Holy Spirit bring to our remembrance the dream of the past. If dreams are not so important to man, the enemy will not border himself to restrict many people from understanding the way their dreams should go. In addition, if you are under the influence of the devil, you will hardly know the agenda of the devil against you.
When you understand your dream, you begin to dominate or rule over your enemies. For example, if you read and understand a particular verse of the Bible, you will begin to know how to use it for prayer warfare. Isn’t it? That’s the place for us to know what transpired in our dream world.
A dream that you did not understand as the ability to harm your destiny. If you cannot understand your dream or you partly get them , it means there is a big problem. It is therefore important as a Christian to pray for God to destroy every power blocking your memory.
Through dreams, God also speak to us and when He speaks, we are to monitor or understand what the Holy Spirit is trying to convey to us – It could be warning, instruction, advise etc.
What makes Joseph stand out or relevance in the sight of God is because he did not take credit for being able to interpret the dream of people. Somebody says, without Joseph, there wouldn’t have been dreams in the world today.
Joseph knew that his gift of interpreting dreams came directly from the Lord and would be a great source of revelation to people. Did you know that God can make you understand all your dreams? Did you also know that your life will be meaningless when you cannot decode your dreams? The dream you fail to understand can hide the key of your breakthroughs. Yes, it is possible.
Meanwhile, Pharaoh told his dreams to Joseph. He told him about the seven healthy cows that were eaten up by the seven skinny cows. And Pharaoh told Joseph about the second dream where seven healthy pieces of grain were swallowed up by seven thin, dry pieces of grain.
Joseph told Pharaoh that both dreams had the same meaning. In the first dream, the seven healthy cows were a symbol for the coming seven years. In those years, Egypt would thrive. There would be more than enough of food to eat and water to drink. But the seven ugly, skinny cows were a symbol for the following seven years. In those years, there wouldn’t be enough food to eat. The people would be very hungry, to the point of starving.
God gave the dream to Pharaoh for him to know the power of God. – Genesis 41:29-32. God gave these dreams to Pharaoh so Pharaoh would know what was about to happen. There was a terrible famine coming, but God sent His servant, Joseph, to warn Pharaoh (Amos 3:7).
And when God sends a warning, He also sends instructions (Genesis 6:13-21, 1 Kings 17:1-4). God had a plan to provide food during the seven years of famine. Because Joseph abided in (or remained with) God, he could hear God’s plan very clearly.
PRAYERS TO UNDERSTAND YOUR DREAMS
- Lord Jesus help me to understand all my dreams, in Jesus name.
- Joseph in my life, wake up and give meanings to my dreams, in Jesus name.
- Every power that is lubricating my head for dream lost, die by fire, in Jesus name.
- Blood of Jesus, chase away every dream polluters beside my bed, in Jesus name.
- I shake out every foundational spirit that steals dreams, in the name of Jesus.
- Lord Jesus show me the verses of the Bible to interpret my own dreams, in Jesus name.
- Father show me the way out of this problem, in the name of Jesus.
- Blood of Jesus protect my dream from being monitored by the enemy, in Jesus name.
- I inject the power of God into my dreams, in Jesus name.
- Lord Jesus speak to me in all my dreams, in the name of Jesus.
- Father, expose the wickedness of the wicked killing my dreams, in Jesus name.
- My dream – virtue in the pit of darkness, escape and locate me, in Jesus name.
- The meaning of my dream show up to me, in Jesus name.
- Lord Jesus, empower me spiritually to understand and interpret dreams for others.
- Any evil garment upon my life destroying the seed of my dreams, catch fire, in Jesus name.
- Father, let me have the priviledge of knowing the meaning of all my dreams, in Jesus name.
- O Lord, show me my destiny helpers that will interpret my dreams, in Jesus name.
- As from now, I will never be casualties to dream attacks, in Jesus name.
- Father, if I am the course of my problems, show me mercy O Lord.
- My Father, baptize me with the anointing to develop my own spiritual gifts, in Jesus name.
- Any evil personality in my family that has stolen the meaning of my dreams confess and die right away, in Jesus name.
- Holy Ghost fire, burn to ashes every dream eraser putting holes in my memory, in Jesus name.
- Spirit of the Living God, be the first to appear in my dream, in Jesus name.
- Anything in my life that is making it difficult for me to decode my dreams, come out by fire, in the name of Jesus.
- Arrows of the God of David pierce into the heart of my enemies and kill them, in Jesus name.
- Power of God silence all my enemies hiding my destiny dream away from me, in Jesus name.
- I refuse to meet my enemies to interpret my dreams, in Jesus name.
- I raise the blood of Jesus against any power giving me the wrong interpretation to my dreams, in the name of Jesus.
- From henceforth, I receive the usual grace of Joseph and Daniel to interpret my own destiny-dream, in the name of Jesus.
- Household powers, claiming ownership over my dream life, die by fire, in Jesus name.
- Every arrow shot into my life to make me forget my dreams, I command you to go back to the sender, in the name of Jesus.
- Any witchcraft power that is using my husband or wife’s image to steal my dream life, be frustrated by fire and thunder, in Jesus name.
- By the power of the Holy Ghost, I shall begin to understand my dreams in the right way, in the name of Jesus.
- Every yoke of dream lost operating in my life, break into pieces, in the name of Jesus.
- You my dream life, wake up from your long slumber, in Jesus name.